Many of us have prayed and continue to pray for GOD to take us deeper in our worship. We proclaim our desire to surrender all our hearts, souls and minds. Both personally and collectively, as a team we cry out for MORE. But ‘more’ doesn’t just happen on its own. God desires to release more of His power and presence but we also have a part to play. One of those parts is:
Getting Rid of Anything that Hinders Seeing More.
God wants to show up and MOVE in our lives, our families, our situations, our churches. He loves us more than we can even comprehend. There’s nothing we can do to increase or decrease this love. It’s intoxicating, lavish, breathtaking and unconditional. But His blessing requires something of us. It requires that we get rid of sin, that we are both obedient and sacrificing. Sin affects our ability to completely focus on and surrender to GOD. We must fully obey Him to be able to worship Him purely. You can be the most musically gifted person on the planet or the best at leading people in praise. However, if you are living a double life, you are leading yourself and others into a dead end.
This is why the Apostle Paul told Timothy in 1 Timothy 4:16: “Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.” People follow our leadership- good or bad. The way we lead others is a response to God in worship as well. When we allow sin and un-healed brokenness to wreck us, it damages us AND the people with us. Where is there sin in your life that is standing in the way of worship?
In addition to getting rid of sin in our lives, we also have to silence the voice of the enemy. He is a LIAR! John 8:45 says the devil is the Father of lies. We have to shut him up TODAY, right now in our heads, our hearts and lives. What lie have you believed about you, your future, your abilities? Here are some of the lies the Enemy told me:
- I’m Unloved
- I’m Not Good Enough
- The things I’ve done are Unforgiveable
- I Am Forgotten
- My Marriage will Fail
ALL LIES! But I had seasons of my life where I agreed with these lies. But by not renouncing them, calling them out as lies, I walked in agreement with them. What have you believed? It’s a hindrance to your spiritual growth and walk with GOD. It’s keeping you from deeper, higher levels of worship and whatever affects you, affects your team.
Lets get rid of these lies, once and for all and replace the lies with the truth of the WORD of GOD! Who does GOD say that we are and what does He say about us? Here are just a few declarations:
- We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).
- We are new creations in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- We are spirit beings alive to God (Romans 6:11;1 Thessalonians 5:23).
- We are believers, and the light of the Gospel shines in our minds (2 Corinthians 4:4).
- We are doers of the Word and blessed in our actions (James 1:22,25).
- We are joint-heirs with Christ (Romans 8:17).
- We are more than conquerors through Him Who loves us (Romans 8:37).
- We are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies (Revelation 12:11).
- We are partakers of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).
- We are ambassadors for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- We are part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
- We are the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- We are the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- We are His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).
- We are forgiven of all our sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).
- We are delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
- We are redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).
- We are firmly rooted, built up, established in our faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).
- We are called of God to be the voice of His praise (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).
- We are healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).
- We are raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12).
- We are greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
- We are strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).
- We are submitted to God, and the devil flees from us because we resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).
And it goes on and on… promise after promise and truth after truth! When we can begin to stare into the Grace of Jesus, to look deeply into His Word, to know that He loves us regardless of our failures, hurt, brokenness and sin, when we allow ourselves to be loved by Him, to receive His forgiveness and live a life of repentance, we begin to understand what real worship is and what true surrender looks like.
This is why your life of worship matters to God. Your leading OFF stage matters more than your leading ON. A healthy, whole, consecrated you means a healthy, whole, consecrated team & CHURCH!
So get rid of any and all things that hinder and watch how much deeper your worship will go!
"Give yourselves to God ...(fully) surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes." Romans 6:13 (TEV)